The Center for Neurogenetics seek to understand the genetic influences on psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, autism spectrum disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and neurological disorders such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. The research areas, methods and aims of the center spans wide across numerous scientific fields.
– Identifying new single-gene mutation, genetic variation patterns, and/or network interactions associated with neuropsychiatric disease
– Family studies to define heritable factors in mental illness
– Investigating the epigenetic influences in neuropsychiatric disorders using twin models
– Employing single-cell techniques to identify gene expression related to neurobiology
– Metabolomic profiling at birth to identify early markers for neuropsychiatric disorders